Interns, we’ve all been there, right? Whether you’re the one putting in the hard work or the boss guiding the way, showing some love is essential. But let’s be real – finding that perfect intern gift can be a bit of a puzzle.
No worries, I’ve got you covered. Having been on both sides of the intern desk, I’ve cracked the code on how to make interns feel special.
Gifts for Interns
When it comes to gifts for interns, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the length of the internship and the intern’s role. A short-term intern may appreciate a different type of gift than someone who has been with your company for several months.
- Professional Development Book: A book that provides valuable insights and advice for career growth and personal development.
- Desk Organizer Set: A stylish desk organizer set with compartments for pens, stationery, and office essentials.
- Custom Nameplate: A personalized nameplate for their desk, adding a professional touch to their workspace.
- Wireless Charging Pad: A wireless charging pad for keeping their devices powered up without the hassle of cords.
- Motivational Wall Art: Artwork or posters featuring motivational quotes to inspire them in their new role.
- Gift Card to a Local Restaurant or Cafe: A gift card to a local eatery, allowing them to enjoy a meal or coffee as they explore the area.
Whatever you choose, the most important thing is to show your appreciation for the hard work and dedication of your interns. With the right gift, you can leave a lasting impression and show that you value their contributions to your team.
It’s important to understand that interns are not just there to fetch coffee or run errands. They are there to learn and gain valuable experience that will help them in their future careers. As such, it’s important to treat interns with respect and give them meaningful work to do.
When it comes to giving gifts to interns, it’s important to keep in mind that they are not full-time employees and may not have the same level of investment in the company. However, giving a thoughtful gift can go a long way in showing interns that they are valued members of the team.
Some ideas for gifts for interns include custom apparel like t-shirts or hoodies with the company logo, custom office items like notepads or pens, or practical items like a charging station or wireless earbuds. It’s also important to consider the intern’s interests and hobbies when choosing a gift.
Gift Ideas for Interns
Finding the perfect gift for an intern can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be. In this section, I will share some gift ideas that will make your intern feel valued and appreciated.
Practical gifts are always a good idea for interns. These gifts show that you care about their daily work experience and want to make it as smooth as possible. Some practical gift ideas include:
- Custom backpack, laptop bag, or tote bag
- Custom office items for interns (notepad, pen, bookmarks, post-its)
- Charging station
- Wireless earbuds
- Noise-cancelling headphones
- Power bank
- Desk plants
Looking for more practical gifts? Check out our article about practical affordable gifts for plumbers!
Motivational gifts are a great way to inspire your intern and show them that you believe in their potential. Some motivational gift ideas include:
- Self-care kits
- Assorted chocolates and cookies
- Gift cards
- Food vouchers
- Tea or coffee
- Handwritten thank you note
- Lunch treat
Personalized gifts are a thoughtful way to show your intern that you appreciate them as an individual. Some personalized gift ideas include:
- Personalized coffee mug
- Personalized necklace
- Personalized Stationery
- Personalized photo frame
- Personalized water bottle
Remember: When choosing a gift for your intern, consider their interests and hobbies. This will show that you have taken the time to get to know them and care about their personal life.
Factors to Consider
When it comes to choosing the perfect gift for interns, there are several factors to consider. Here are some sub-sections that can help you make the right decision.
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing a gift for interns is your budget. You want to make sure that you are not overspending or underspending on the gift.
You can consider buying a group gift or individual gifts. Group gifts can be more cost-effective, but individual gifts can be more personal.
Another factor to consider is the intern’s interests. You want to choose a gift that is relevant to their interests.
For example, if the intern is interested in music, you can consider buying them concert tickets or a music-related gift. If the intern is interested in books, you can consider buying them a book on a topic they enjoy.
The final factor to consider is workplace appropriateness. You want to make sure that the gift is appropriate for the workplace.
You should avoid gifts that are too personal or inappropriate. You also want to make sure that the gift is not too expensive, as this can be seen as inappropriate.
In my personal experience, I have found that the best gifts for interns are those that are thoughtful and personal. I have also found that group gifts can be a great way to show appreciation for the entire team. When choosing a gift, it is important to consider the intern’s interests, your budget, and workplace appropriateness.
Gifts That Keep Giving
I always appreciated gifts that kept giving long after my internship ended. These types of gifts not only showed that my employer valued my hard work, but they also helped me continue to learn and grow even after my internship was over. Here are a few ideas for gifts that keep giving:
One of the best gifts for interns is something that helps them continue to learn and develop their skills. Consider giving them a book related to their field or a course that they can take online.
For example, if your intern is interested in marketing, you could give them a copy of “The Art of SEO” or sign them up for a course on Google Analytics. These types of gifts not only show that you care about their professional development but also help them build skills that they can use for the rest of their career.
Another great gift idea is a subscription service that your intern can use long after their internship is over. For example, you could sign them up for a subscription to a professional organization related to their field or a magazine that covers industry news. These types of gifts not only show that you care about their interests, but they also help them stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments in their field.
Pro Tip: Consider asking your intern what types of educational gifts or subscription services they would be interested in. This not only shows that you care about their interests, but it also ensures that you are giving them something that they will actually use and appreciate.
By giving gifts that keep giving, you are not only showing your appreciation for your intern’s hard work, but you are also investing in their future success. So, consider these ideas and give your intern a gift that will continue to benefit them long after their internship is over.
Where to Buy Intern Gifts
As an employer, showing appreciation to your interns is crucial to keep them motivated and engaged. One way to do this is by giving them gifts that they’ll cherish. Here are some places where you can buy gifts for your interns.
Online stores offer a wide variety of gifts that you can choose from. Some popular online stores to buy intern gifts include:
- Amazon: This online store has a vast collection of gift items that you can choose from. You can find anything from books, planners, and self-care kits to coffee tumblers, personalized keychains, and fitness vouchers.
- Etsy: This online marketplace is perfect if you want to give your interns unique and personalized gifts. You can find handmade items like personalized business card holders, luggage tags, and mouse pads.
- Swag.com: This online store specializes in corporate gifts and has a wide range of items that you can choose from. They offer everything from tech accessories to apparel and drinkware.
If you prefer to shop locally, you can consider visiting some local shops in your area. Some popular local shops to buy intern gifts include:
- Bookstores: Bookstores are a great place to find books that your interns might appreciate. You can also find planners and journals that they can use to stay organized.
- Coffee shops: Coffee shops often sell coffee tumblers and mugs that you can give as gifts. You can also consider buying gift cards that your interns can use to buy their favorite drinks.
- Gift shops: Gift shops offer a wide variety of gift items that you can choose from. You can find anything from jewelry, stationery, and home decor items to personalized gifts like keychains and luggage tags.
Gifts for Interns: A Recap
Based on my personal experiences, here are the most important facts to keep in mind when choosing a gift for your intern:
- Personalization is key: Consider adding a personal touch to your gift, such as a monogram or their name, to make it more meaningful.
- Practicality is appreciated: Think about what your intern might need or use on a daily basis, such as a high-quality notebook or a stylish tote bag.
- Show your company culture: Consider giving a gift that aligns with your company culture, such as a branded t-shirt or a company swag bag.
- Keep it professional: Remember that your gift should be appropriate for the workplace and not too personal or extravagant.
Some great gift ideas for interns include a personalized coffee mug, a gift card to a local coffee shop, a high-quality notebook, a stylish tote bag, or a branded t-shirt. Whatever you choose, make sure it shows your appreciation for their hard work and dedication.
What should I gift my intern?
Consider gifting your intern something thoughtful and practical, like a professional development book, a gift card to a coffee shop, or a personalized desk accessory. It shows appreciation and supports their growth.
How do I make my intern feel welcome?
To make your intern feel welcome, provide a warm greeting on their first day, introduce them to the team, and assign a mentor. Clearly communicate expectations, involve them in meaningful tasks, and encourage questions.
Do you get your intern a gift?
While it’s not mandatory, getting your intern a thoughtful gift, especially at the end of their internship, is a nice gesture to show appreciation. It can be a token of gratitude for their hard work and contribution to the team.
How do you thank someone for letting you intern?
You can thank someone for letting you intern by expressing gratitude in person or through a heartfelt thank-you note. Be specific about what you learned and how the experience benefited you. It’s a way to acknowledge their support and mentorship.
Does internship count as work experience?
Yes, internships certainly count as work experience, particularly on your resume when applying for entry-level positions post-graduation. They demonstrate the skills you’ve developed, setting you apart from other entry-level candidates.
If you liked this blog article about the topic: Gifts for Interns, don’t forget to leave us a comment down below to tell us about your experience.